You Should Know: Julie Bohn Howard

by: Daily Record Staff

In our land advisory group at Cushman & Wakefield, I work with a multitude of companies in helping them identify suitable sites for their development needs in our region. We have specialized programs and a wide range of experience, which allows us to cover an exhaustive list of criteria in strategically pinpointing these sites. We then take them step-by-step through the process of acquisition.

Many of these assignments include competing with other cities and we must convey Jacksonville’s strengths in selecting our city and sites as parallel with their needs. I would say 70 percent of the work I do is land and the remaining 30 percent is working with our private capital clients in acquisition and disposition assignments within their investment needs.

One thing I really love about this job, and especially working in land and the future development side, is that you have a hand in helping shape the landscape for a community or city.

From a micro city level, we see all economic metrics, such as population, employment and housing growth, in place for 2018 and therefore we expect another strong year for our industries. We don’t have control over the macro influences, but we do see the momentum in the commercial real estate industry continuing.

At NAIOP, we are focused on quality over quantity for our members and sponsors this year with dynamic speakers, value-centered events and comprehensive feedback and education on the legislative issues affecting the commercial real estate industry.

NAIOP national was founded in 1967 in Philadelphia with a small group of owners and developers and has evolved into one of North America’s largest, most prestigious and valuable commercial real estate organizations with more than 18,000 members. The Northeast Florida chapter was established in 1979 and incorporated in 1985. We are the largest chapter in Florida and I have the honor this year to serve as the 34th president.

My loving husband is John, a dentist who owns San Marco Dentistry. We have been married for a little over a year. He is my best friend and the person I love to travel with, beat in pinball and bike to our favorite restaurants in Avondale and Riverside.